Organic Cocoa – Processed With Alkali (Theobroma cacao)
Did you know chocolate originally comes from a fruit? Each fruit pod of the cocoa tree contains 40-50 seeds, aka cocoa beans. These beans are finely ground into cocoa powder.
Anthony’s Organic Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder has a dark and rich color with a high fat content of 20-22%. This percentage refers to the amount of cocoa butter left in the powder during processing. Compared to regular cocoa powder, our Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder is Dutch processed (alkalized), resulting in a smooth, dark chocolatey flavor with less acidity. Due to it’s relatively low acidity, our Dutched Cocoa is usually used along with baking powder, while regular cocoa powder calls for baking soda in recipes.
Use Anthony’s Organic Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder in baking, chocolate-making, no-bake recipes, and even spice rubs for meat!
About our Organic Culinary Grade Cocoa Powder:
- Has 20-22% Fat Content – this refers to the amount of cocoa butter left in the powder
- Organic, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Unsweetened
- Rich, dark color with an intense chocolatey flavor
- Dutch Process neutralizes Cocoa’s acidity
- Perfect for hot cocoa, brownies, chocolate-making, cookies, pies and more!
No: Added sugars, fillers or binders – Just Dutch Process Organic Cocoa!